At Bama Wesley, we continue to monitor the COVID-19 pandemic, including the University’s response and plans for the fall semester. At this time, it is our understanding that the 2020 football season will take place; however, details concerning capacity restrictions and other safety measures are still being determined. With this in mind, our goal is to allow for the greatest level of flexibility for parkers and tailgaters for both the 2020 season and future seasons while also ensuring we are able to adhere to governmental and University health and safety requirements and best practices.
This page outlines our plan for the fall 2020 season, and will be updated as additional information is received. Please note that, unless otherwise noted, information on this page supersedes our normal game day policies.
Reservation Plan and Timeline
Updated June 18, 2020
Due to the uncertainty surrounding the 2020 season, we are making some changes to the reservation process for both returning and new parkers and tailgaters.
Season Reservations (Parking and Tailgating)
The presale for returning season reservation holders will open at noon Central time on June 20, 2020. Those eligible to participate in the presale will receive an email at that time with further instructions. New season reservations can be made beginning at noon Central time on July 1, 2020.
To allow for the greatest flexibility while the University’s plans are finalized, a $100 deposit only will be required at the time of reservation with no surcharge for installment payments for either parking or tailgating reservations. Final payment will be due the later of July 31 or one week after the University announces any full-season capacity restrictions. In the event that the University imposes full-season capacity restrictions, those with existing reservations will have two options:
- Request a full refund. If requested by the final payment due date as described above, a full refund will be issued. If a refund is issued, you will not be eligible to participate in the presale for the 2021 season.
- Convert your deposit to a donation. In the event of full-season capacity restrictions, you will have the option to convert your deposit (and, optionally, any amount in excess of the deposit) to a donation to Bama Wesley’s General Fund. If you choose to convert at least your deposit amount to a donation, you will be eligible to participate in the presale for the 2021 season.
Throughout the season, we will continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation. We will evaluate any mid-season changes by the University and communicate any changes to Bama Wesley’s response as needed.
Participation in 2021 Presale
We understand that you may not feel comfortable attending games during the 2020 season due to personal health considerations regardless of any restrictions imposed by the University, but wish to retain the ability to participate in the presale for the 2021 season. To accommodate this, during the 2020 presale period (July 20-31) only you will have the option to reserve your space in the 2021 presale for a $100 charge. This option will not reserve a space for the 2020 season, but will allow you to participate in the 2021 presale. Additionally, this $100 charge will be considered a tax-deductible donation to Bama Wesley’s General Fund.
2021 Presale Prioritization
Due to the changes being made for the 2020 season, please note that eligibility to participate in the 2021 season presale will be prioritized as follows:
First, those who are returning for the 2020 season and participate in the 2020 presale (either through an actual reservation or a 2021 presale reservation only) will be eligible to participate in the 2021 presale.
Then, those are making a season reservation for the first time in 2020 will be eligible to participate in the order the reservation was made as capacity allows.
Single-game reservations will be available beginning following the final payment date for season reservations as described above.
Health and Safety Protocols
Update June 18, 2020
We continue to develop updated health and safety protocols based on guidance from the University and public health officials, and will share updated details closer to the beginning of the season. However, we do anticipate some or all of the following restrictions to be implemented for those parking or tailgating with Bama Wesley:
- Masks required while in Bama Wesley’s building
- Limitations on the number of people allowed inside Bama Wesley’s building at a time
- Access to Bama Wesley’s building being restricted to those who are parking or tailgating with us
- Closure of indoor common spaces, and indoor access limited to restroom usage
- Requirement for those participating in tailgates to provide contact information when checking in